Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Marathon ready?

Running:
Marathon 19 is now only a couple days away.   For this marathon I will have to rely on the volume of training already in the books and hopefully a little race day magic.  At this point all training is completed and the only thing that can possibly help my time now is a couple days of complete rest.  Last week I ran a total of 31 miles with only one longer run.  On Saturday I ran 12 miles with most of the middle miles at expected race pace.  This was a good run and gave me a little confidence for my expected time on Saturday.  This week I only put in 14 miles with runs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will be resting tomorrow and Friday.  My miles for this month are a little light, but that was on purpose.  A high volume since finishing the 50k about 4 weeks ago would not have been helpful.  For the year I've logged 1229 miles which is above where I have been the last few years.  As mentioned I will be relying on this base to get me through Grandma's.  Right now the weather is looking to be as good as I could ask for.  Low of 50 and a high of 70 with a chance for NE to E wind. 
Logistically this race will be a little tougher than usual.  I will be staying overnight in Bayfield so I'll need to get an early start in order to make it to Superior were I intend on catching the bus transport to the start.   If I get everything ready the night before I won't have to get up much earlier, just need to eat and get going right away.  Hope everything all works out.   Miles through today.
WTD 14
MTD 77
YTD 1229
ODO 28500

Hunting:   
Not much going on here.  I did manage to get the corn and sunflowers planted in the food plot.  I got them in yesterday just in time for the rain today.  I have some minor repair to do on my hunting blind in the back yard.  The wind blew off one of the windows.  The hinges were small and only into some thin particle board doors I had cut in half to use for the windows.  Didn't hold up too well.

Gardening:
Right now I have everything in the garden planted except one more crop of beans.  I saved a place to put in some bean towers to try growing pole beans for the first time.  First I need to build the bean towers.  I've seen a few model designs on the internet to try.  I still have a few weeks if I need it to get this done.   As usual there are a few seeds that didn't sprout requiring replanting of partial rows and to fill in squash and pumpkin hills.  The carrots got the worst of it.  They sprouted right when we had the three 90+ degree days.  Not good for such small fragile seedlings.  The strawberries are starting to come in.  This is a couple weeks later that usual for here.  There are quite a few though and they are quite large this year so far.  After I return from the marathon I will have the rest of next week off to try and completely catch up with all the yard work.  And there is a lot of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment